Get your business involved in SustFest21!
The Sustainability Festival 2021 aka #SustFest21 is a 2 week festival of sustainability events across St Albans, Harpenden and the villages from 23rd May to 6th June 2021.
Each year, dozens of businesses take part. Activities range from public events for customers or the wider district, such as special offers or menus, to private events on in-house sustainable projects or for staff and colleagues.
You can still join in with SustFest21!
If you decide to do something within your business, that is so great! Let us know by registering with us to show us what you’re doing. If your event is for the public, we can add it to our online listings.
You don’t have to be in the business of sustainability to get involved. From shops to solicitors, office services to furniture makers, accountants to start-ups, every business in St Albans District is welcome to take part in SustFest21.
Event/Activity ideas for businesses
A whole fortnight or one hour-long event – it’s up to you how much you do for SustFest but we’d love to have you on board!
Please do register with us so we know you are taking part in SustFest21. There is no cost – it’s really about saying you want to join in with this great local community festival and showing that you care about sustainability.
Events ideas for your customers (public events)
- Special offer, discount or voucher for a product or consumer behaviour related to sustainability, e.g., offer to take-back and recycle; discount for own takeaway tubs;
- #ShopLocal – tell people why its good to shop with you and reduce transport costs and carbon emissions.
- SustFest21 menu or dish: that people can order online via click & collect or have dropped off.
- Competition for customers related to your business and sustainability, such as a photo competition on growing your own food, or art work made out of packaging or poems / stories. Relate to a theme important to you – make it about what you do.
- Workshops: Offer a kit e.g of craft materials to be ordered online – then run a workshop to create items such as beeswax wrap, or soap-savers. Arrange this through click & collect or a drop off service
- Exhibition or display – Create an environmentally-themed display for all to enjoy. Art, photos, products, crafts, environmental cake (windmills? – trees? Or copy one of our lovely #SustFest21 ‘badges’) – made with organic, sustainable ingredients of course – and sell it during #SustFest21
- Newsletter to shout out about your sustainability: Are you going #plasticfree? Do you source organic products? Have you changed to a renewable energy provider? There are so many opportunities!
For your business (private events)
- Schedule a 2-week project in May for staff to explore your business’s sustainability – e.g. policies, supply chains, packaging, electricity consumption
- Why not run an in-house forum to look at a sustainability framework like Bioregional’s One Planet Living or Count on Us? Or study #Cop26 business information and pledges – Find out more information on this here.
For your colleagues (private events)
- Set your staff some fun challenges, as individuals or in teams – go plastic-free or car-free during SustFest21; think about the key sustainbility issues for your staff, particularly those working from home?
- Set up a company eco working group; launch it during SustFest21
- Show a sustainability film to your staff and, possibly, discuss online afterwards e.g. A Plastic Ocean; more films on plastic pollution, or more environmental films here. Or Watch the World Wildlife Fund film for businesses, featuring David Attenborough, at https://www.wwf.org.uk/our-planet-our-business
Encourage people at your work to take part in SustFest21 as individuals. Ask people to share their favourite event or report back afterwards on their favourite activities?
Now you have your idea, don’t forget to register with us.